On 26 January 2016 at 19:07, Arnnon Geshuri <agesh...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Regarding the concerns that have been raised, I have listened closely.
> That said, in my opinion, there are some misconceptions and there are
> mitigating considerations.  As a general matter, I will say that,
> throughout my career, I have been charged with enforcing company policies
> as part of my role as a people manager. I have tried to do so thoughtfully
> and consistently.  I have done so realizing company policies and practices
> evolve over time as circumstances change.
>

> As part of the current narrative, members of the community generated a
> running theme within the online conversations related to trust.  Comments
> were expressed questioning their trust in the Wikimedia Foundation Board
> and asking if the community could accept me as a new Board Member.  Wanting
> to understand the challenges ahead, I have spent the last few weeks
> speaking with current and former Board members and reaching out to folks in
> the community.  I have more conversations in the coming days and appreciate
> those who have been generous with their time.  Given the story line that
> has been shaped over the last couple weeks and based on the feedback from
> my conversations, I know I have a longer journey than most new Board
> members to prove to the community and WMF alumni that they can put their
> trust in me.

Nice polished PR spiel. A bit too polished in my view since it reduces the
chance of people empathizing with you but hey I understand that you have to
keep the lawyers happy. Of course that's part of the reason why its
unreasonable to expect wikipedians to deal with you let alone trust you.

>   I joined to make a positive difference and be a part of the
> important effort to grow the WMF for the next generation of editors,
> contributors, and users.

Hmm? The WMF appears to have already hit its fundraising limit. At this
point further growth isn't really on the list of things we want.

> As the community gets to know me, folks will see the way I work is with
> thoughtfulness, transparency, diversity, and a focus on doing what is
> right.

You've already said that the way you work is doing what your bosses tell
you and we know that wasn't right:

"I have been charged with enforcing company policies
as part of my role as a people manager. I have tried to do so thoughtfully
and consistently."

>   I have key experiences in both my professional and non-profit
> careers which lend a distinctive perspective to the honorable work of a
> Trustee – especially the learnings gained over the last decade.

Decade? You weren't caught until 2010. That isn't a decade ago.

>  And as we all become closer and transition to debating the
> issues and not the people, the community will see I consistently speak from
> the heart,

People who speak from the heart doesn't speak in highly polished legally
cleared PR statements. They speak like RMS or Jason Scott which is one of
the things that make them annoying.

--
geni