Andreas, yes. We have a limited number of voting trustees. The affiliates
and the community throw up well-respected voting trustees with a lot of
chapter and project experience, but we're not getting the diversity or
range of experience we need from them. When it comes to selecting voting
members - who will decide the vision and long-term goals of the
organisation - the board needs to choose people with deep expertise in
education, knowledge, volunteer-led nonprofit governance and third world
knowledge-distribution issues.

A smaller, highly-engaged and highly-valued advisory board, peopled by IT,
finance, HR and other technical experts who can keep an eye on those
aspects of the WMF, would leave room for the board to appoint trustees who
bring novel (or just informed) philosophical and educational insights from
outside our movement, and outside the global north to help better chart and
monitor our course to our shared vision.

Anthony Cole