Hi Maggie,

On 01/30/2016 02:35 PM, Maggie Dennis wrote:
> In the time I've worked at the Wikimedia Foundation, I have
> (unsurprisingly, given its reported prevalence) come across this kind of
> harassment in my work with Support and Safety (formerly Community
> Advocacy). There have been cases where perfectly harmless pictures of the
> individuals have been doctored to be sexualized and cases where existing
> pornographic pictures that were not the individual were selected and
> misattributed as being them. I have personally been involved in complaints
> of this happening to both men and women.

thank you for providing further insights. That is really concerning.

At the same time, a great majority of users do not publish photos of
themselves, and don't publish their name (which would allow others to
find available photos elsewhere), so it is still a mystery to me how
this very high percentage can be explained.

Tobias