While we're at it...diversity remains a very serious problem for the
Board. Does the community voting process want to try to take that on? How
would we do such a thing?

Risker/Anne

I think here we only have two options:

1) To decide that one (or two) of the community-elected seats is only given to a certain group of people, for example, women, or residents of the Global South (in which case, obviously, the latter should be defined properly - I already indicate previously that currently Russia and Moldova are counted as Global North, and Ukraine and Belarus as Global South which affects e.g. Wikimania fellowships - nobody seems to care). This would probably mean a separate contest for these seats and the general contest for the remaining ones.

2) To decide that the diversity should be ensured by appointed and possibly by chapter-selected seats. This is pretty much what we are doing now.

Cheers
Yaroslav