Losing Luis will be a substantial loss to the WMF.  I sat across the wall
from him for a couple of years and watched him grow and adapt to the WMF;
his legal insight was welcome and targetted.  When he transitioned to CE,
he ably created that team and shaped it.  His loss will be a real hit.

However, with that said.... YAY MAGGIE!  I've watched her grow for several
years since I hired her as our first community liaison, and you could not
have come up with a better choice for an interim head of department.  She
always had my confidence and respect, and I have often thought her one of
the great under-utillized assets of the WMF.  Exceptional choice.

Best,
pb

Philippe Beaudette

phili...@beaudette.me