If we want to talk about the cost of Wikimania it will be great if the WMF
and the local team will share the costs.

Until now Wikimania London didn't published anything:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2014/Budget

And also Mexico:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2015/Budget

Maybe I missed something, but it's strange that such discussion takes place
without a real budget breakdown. To summarize 2 huge event to "1$ million
USD" does not make sense.

Itzik

*Regards,Itzik Edri*
Chairperson, Wikimedia Israel
+972-(0)-54-5878078 | http://www.wikimedia.org.il
sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment!