11.02.2016 10:23 PM "SarahSV" <sarahsv.w...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> ​Hi ​
> Dariusz,
>
> ​T​
> he grant application doesn't restrict the search engine to Wikimedia
projects. It says that the "Knowledge Engine by Wikipedia [is a] system for
discovering reliable and trustworthy public information on the Internet.

My understanding is that the top range could potentially be all open/public
resources, but this is the far stretched total goal, and still not a
general search engine of all content including commercial one.

And a rrasonable realistic outcome can be just improving our searches
across projects.

I can't comment on the initial ideas or goals, as I was not on the Board
before August 2015, but this is what I understand we build now.

.

> The document says the "Search Engine by Wikipedia" budget for 2015–2016
($2.4 million) was approved by the ​board. Can you point us to which board
meeting approved it and what was discussed there?

I dont recall this specifically, and I'm going to elude this question by
going to sleep (and hoping someone better informed may pick).

Good night!

Dj