On 16/02/2016 18:39, Lodewijk wrote:
If we were publishers trying to make a buck out of selling the work, I
would agree with you, and move on. However, that is not what we want to do
as a movement. We don't try to take advantage, but we want to build upon
works. We want to collaborate and stand on the shoulders of giants. Giants
like this little girl.

But that is exactly what you are doing. A publisher can fight for the right to make a buck without WP's help. A book of the diary costs a few pence, far less then the cost of the paper and ink for individual printing it. A digital copy is still a far inferior offering from a book version. I'm not sure that many actually prefer works like this as a pdf, html, or any
other format over the book.