Hello fellows!

Since the end of the last year some contributors from pt.wikipedia are
discussing regarding the idea of including the promotion of our Facebook Page
on site Notice [1]

That proposal was started by Teles, a Brazilian steward. He received a lot of
local support.

The general idea is to bring more people from Facebook to access Wikipedia
through our Facebook page, but what we are doing is redirecting users from
pt.wikipedia to Facebook and including a free Facebook ads on pt.wikipedia.

I would like to know if it is ok for the Wikimedia Movement and if this kind of
Facebook promotional campaign was proposed and published in other
wikipedias/wikimedia projects.

[1]
https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Esplanada/propostas/Inserir_p%C3%A1gina_da_Wikip%C3%A9dia_em_portugu%C3%AAs_do_Facebook_no_sitenotice_%2825nov2015%29

Best regards

Rodrigo Padula
Coordenador de Projetos
Grupo Wikimedia Brasileiro de Educação e Pesquisa
http://www.wikimedia.org.br
+55 21 99326-0558