On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Leila Zia <le...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> * Although I really appreciate you engaging in this list, I see that in
> the absence of more frequent official communications from the BoT, what you
> say in this list is interpreted as a strong signal from the BoT, and it is
> held to the standards we expect to see when we communicate with a Board
> member. This means that if you are not specific and even more careful with
> your choice of words, you will hear strong criticism, just because
> words/statements can be interpreted differently depending on the context we
> are operating in.
>
> * I'm asking you to continue communicating with us in your capacity as a
> Board member, and I'm also asking you to be very very careful with your
> choice of words and statements. Trust me: I know what I'm asking you is
> extremely hard. So, here is what I offer you: I assume good faith in what
> you say and please reach out if I can be of help.

Point taken. I definitely hope my colleagues will join in more, but I will
definitely make a better effort to be more careful with wording. I really
have had no intentions to sound critical! Regarding tech, it is basically
an often repeated view that we are a tech organization, and I wanted to add
the "yeah, but..." - pointing out to the fact that we are an amazing social
movement&community facilitator, which is more rarely emphasized.

Will it help if I confess that I've started using the Visual Editor every
now and then and I think it is awesome? (especially the references!) :)

btw, please note that English is not my native language and I definitely
lack the nuance, as well as occasionally do and will drop bricks because of
different cultural backgrounds (and beg your pardon in advance).

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Brion Vibber <bvib...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> What is the board doing, going forward, to stem the tide of staff
> resignations?

 We have started with an engagement survey, and organizational facilitator
analysis. More and more current input can be provided by Patricio or others
from the Board's HR Committee, but there is also a lot of work done by the
HR department, under its new leadership.

dj