The Macedonian community has also had success attracting attention to their
social media channels via Facebook etc. links on sitenotice for a while.  I
believe they reached a staggering number of likes (~35000 was it?), from
next to nothing.  Those social media channels seem to have been used to
considerable effect in drawing attention and attracting contributors to
events like WLM.

This was discussed at the Wikimedia Central and Eastern European Meeting
2014.  Notes from that session are still on Etherpad[1].

CCing Bojan for potential additional details.

   A.

[1] https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/ceem14-pr

    Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org