Indonesian Wikipedia has used site notice to link to their Facebook
group, Twitter, and Instagram for years.

Their facebook page has 97,236 likes.  https://www.facebook.com/id.wiki
posts often get 100 likes

compare with Wikimedia Commons page, with 2,793 likes, and posts
usually attract < 10 likes.
https://www.facebook.com/Wikimedia.Commons/

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 5:28 PM, Joseph Seddon <jsed...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Hey Rodrigo,
>
> I don't know of any example where Site Notice has been used in the past to
> point people to facebook.
>
> Although the intentions behind what is being proposed are good ones, I
> think there are probably issues that surround neutrality and with the very
> different privacy policy of facebook.
>
> Based on those things alone it is not something I would recommend. I would
> be happy to follow up with you further off list if you would like to
> discuss this further.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Seddon
>
> *Advancement Associate (Community Engagement)*
> *Wikimedia Foundation*
>
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Rodrigo Padula <
> rodrigopad...@wikimedia.org.br> wrote:
>
>> Hello fellows!
>>
>> Since the end of the last year some contributors from pt.wikipedia are
>> discussing regarding the idea of including the promotion of our Facebook
>> Page on site Notice [1]
>>
>> That proposal was started by Teles, a Brazilian steward. He received a lot
>> of local support.
>>
>> The general idea is to bring more people from Facebook to access Wikipedia
>> through our Facebook page, but what we are doing is redirecting users from
>> pt.wikipedia to Facebook and including a free Facebook ads on pt.wikipedia.
>>
>> I would like to know if it is ok for the Wikimedia Movement and if this
>> kind of Facebook promotional campaign was proposed and published in other
>> wikipedias/wikimedia projects.
>>
>> [1]
>> https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Esplanada/propostas/Inserir_p%C3%A1gina_da_Wikip%C3%A9dia_em_portugu%C3%AAs_do_Facebook_no_sitenotice_%2825nov2015%29
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Rodrigo Padula
>> Coordenador de Projetos
>> Grupo Wikimedia Brasileiro de Educação e Pesquisa
>> http://www.wikimedia.org.br
>> +55 21 99326-0558

John Vandenberg