Hoi,
Where have you been when the search was on for a new director for the
WIkimedia Foundation? It was the vision that Lila refers to that made her
the chosen candidate. The fact that people object, frustrate and sometimes
sabotage is an unfortunate micro level consequence of what is happening.

Yes, we as a community are extremely self serving, we care for our own
hobby horses and we do not consider the impact of this narrow mindedness.
It makes what Lila stand for one enemy, others who have differing
objectives are at best ignored because arguments do not really matter, are
ignored or are refuted by quoting the same old old.
Thanks,
      GerardM