On 2016-02-26 16:23, Risker wrote:
Andreas, I think you are being unfair here.  Whatever anyone's personal
opinion of Jimmy, the bottom line is that WMF staff have expressed that the
Board has not been listening to them.  Jimmy is a board member.  He's
directly saying "I'm coming to listen to you". And he's being transparent
about it,  by sharing his plan publicly on this list and perhaps
elsewhere. That pretty much sounds as though he's being responsive. Now, none of us knows what the outcome will be, and I don't think it would be appropriate for any of us to speculate on how various staff members will choose to interact given this direct opportunity. Other board members live
in the immediate area and maybe they too will attend (and maybe not, we
don't know). This is a very short notice attendance, and since many board
members have responsibilities to their employers, families, and other
activities, they may not be able to drop everything and jump on a plane,
even if they want to.

Myself, I'd suggest that staff take advantage of this opportunity, with the hope of having a more responsive interaction than the November meeting. It
is in *everyone's* interest that all of the groups within the Wikimedia
community start moving toward better integration, communication,
transparency, and carving out a shared vision. This is a step. It's only
a step.

Absolutely. Some people may have battleground mentality and wish the whole board to resign immediately, but generally it is a good opportunity to get out of the trenches.

Cheers
Yaroslav