Lodewijk, this is a very valid point, thanks.  My understanding is that
this process done in private has lost some of its credibility with the
staff and the community, and thus I would like to get some understanding on
how we can do that same process in the open, without offending anyone.  In
the wiki world, I think most of the time people
have publicly nominated candidates for various roles, and that has not been
a concern. Of course the nick names provide some degree of anonymity, so
this might not be exactly the same.