(changing the topic, to avoid doing myself what I criticise)
I would suggest you discuss what kind of qualities you seek in an ED, what
kind of person you would be looking for - rather than specific people. That
would actually be an interesting and valuable discussion to have in public,
I'd think.

Public discussions are good, but not every topic is best discussed in
public (like specific people: there's a reason votes on people are
generally secret). That doesn't mean that every non-public discussion leads
to good results :) In the wikiworld I know, when people are being
discussed, they often nominated themselves, or agreed to be nominated. I
know this may be different on enwiki to some extent, maybe that's a
cultural trait. I haven't encountered this in any other wiki (but may have
missed a few).

But a good framework that came out of a public discussion, may help the
non-public discussion about the names a lot.

Anyway, just my two cents. I can't stop you from shouting names of course...

Best,
Lodewijk