Hi all,

reading all the above, my 2 cents would be: Internal promotion (in a
broader sense: a current or ex-employee or someone 'close and experienced
enough').

First as interim (as a 'probation period') then if the staff feedback meets
the pre-agreed satisfaction level on agreed key areas, as permanent.

Balazs