This is actually a fairly easy one to clear up.

Basically, it’s the law.

Under Fl. St. § 617.0808, which deals with the removal of directors, it clearly
states that "Any director who is removed from the board is not eligible to
stand for reelection until the next annual meeting at which directors are
elected.” [1]

I am not a lawyer. Just a guy who has read far too much of the Florida Statutes
around non-profit entities.

Chris

1.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0600-0699/0617/Sections/0617.0808.html