Kevin,

Those were quotes from the current WMF documentation explaining the
Discovery project and its underlying strategy. I linked the sources in my
post.

Federated open data sources and Kindle are mentioned here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=File%3ADiscovery_Year_0-1-2.pdf&page=9

That slide show is part of the current Discovery FAQ here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimedia_Discovery/FAQ&oldid=2061227#What_does_your_overall_strategy_look_like_.3F

Public (volunteer-based) curation of relevance is mentioned here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=File:Discovery_Year_0-1-2.pdf&page=12

https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=File:Discovery_Year_0-1-2.pdf&page=16

https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimedia_Discovery/FAQ&oldid=2061227#What_does_your_overall_strategy_look_like_.3F

https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimedia_Discovery/RFC&oldid=2040196#Public_Curation_of_Relevance

It's about the long-term strategy, not what is covered by the $250,000
grant. The grant is expressly restricted to Stage 1 – even though the grant
agreement provides descriptions of the subsequent stages which still tally
substantially with what's outlined on the pages linked above.

If you're telling me that those pages are out of date as well, then I'll
take note of that. My impression was they reflected current thinking.

Andreas