Hi everyone,

I'm Ivana Madžarević, Project and Community Manager of Wikimedia Serbia
<https://rs.wikimedia.org/wiki/%D0%93%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0>.
I'm reaching out to you hoping that you will join organizing World Mime Day
Wiki edit-a-thon. It's an international event that will be held in several
countries (so far confirmed) around the world on 22nd of March.

The idea came up in cooperation of Wikimedia Serbia and Serbian actor Marko
Stojanović (also president of World Mime Organisation
<http://www.worldmime.org/>). We wanted to enrich Wikipedia and Wikimedia
Commons with relevant articles and photos of mime artists, theaters,
festivals, history etc. Mr Stojanović is very well connected with
institutions who can provide literature, photo materials and maybe even a
venue for the edit-a-thon. It would have much more impact if it's organized
in several countries on the same date - similar like Art&Feminism
edit-a-thons. Organizing such an event will help developing strong
relations between chapters and building partnerships with relevant
institutions through networking.

I've created meta page
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/World_Mime_Day_Wiki_edit-a-thon#Time_plan>
and I'm asking you to join and add information about your chapter if you're
willing to organize it. So far, several countries confirmed their interest.
Wikimedians from Bulgaria, Armenia, Macedonia and Georgia will organize it
and some of them have already contacted institutions who can help with
sources and photos. Event in Serbia will probably be organized at Singidunum
faculty <http://eng.singidunum.ac.rs/> in Belgrade. Mr Stojanović is
preparing photos that will be released and used for illustrating Wikipedia
articles.

Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance or help. Also, if you
have any suggestion or comment, do share them.

Cheers!
--
Ивана Маџаревић
Менаџер пројеката и заједнице

Викимедија Србије  - rs.wikimedia.org -
00381 (0)60 7 454 773

„Замислите свет у коме свака особа има слободан приступ целокупном људском
знању. То је оно на чему ми радимо.“