Sent from my iPhone
> On 5 Mar 2016, at 1:14 PM, Alice Wiegand <awieg...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> short update, as announced by Patricio:
>
> Our organization needs stability, it needs a chance to rest for a moment and
> to move on with the things that matter at the same time. That’s why the Board
>  is aiming for a quick decision about the interim ED.
>
> If you want to make a difference you need to act differently.
>
> We know that our C-level team is doing a great job in managing the
> day-to-day-operations and they all have a deep understandning of our
> culture, challenges and needs. Who, if not them, knows better what is best
> for the organization in this moment. The Board is not best suited to make a
> decision about the interim which can quickly be established and accepted in
> this situation.

You might want to rewrite the Board manual then because it current reads, under
the section The Role of the Board, Effective Board Oversight:

> In it's decision making capacity, the Board should:
>
> * Select, evaluate and (if necessary) remove the Executive Director;

Whilst I'm sure that C-level managers are up to the task, that's rather
abrogating the responsibility of the Board.

I'm wondering how long till other responsibilities of the Board will be moved
to C level managers.

Chris