We have three C levels who have been around for some time, Lisa, Katherine,
and Geoff. I imagine that either one of them will step up and take on the
role or a sharing agreement between a few of them will be suggested. I see
either of those options as perfectly reasonable.

We have had a recent engagement survey which confirmed strong support from
staff generally for these three. And I personally highly respect each of
their abilities and have confidence that each of them will be able to bring
greater stability to the WMF and the movement as a whole.

With respect to the "board removing the roof" analogy both the "tenants" ie
staff as well as a number of those in the community generally were asking
for said roof to be removed. Also the roof resigned with the board simply
accepting her resignation.

The WMF is a steward of movement resources. Agree that clarifying this
relationship can be done once an interim ED structure is in place. Do not
have concerns with continued community discussion about the future though
as these will likely take some months.

P.S. Have not specifically included the other C levels as they have been in
their current positions for a shorter period of time.
James

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 8:54 AM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> Brion Vibber wrote:
> >There's less weakness in admitting a failure honestly, retreating and
> >regrouping, than in powering through when knowing oneself unprepared.
>
> After months of complaints from tenants and from a few neighbors, the
> landlord of a large building decides to replace the roof of the building.
> In the process of removing the old roof, the landlord realizes that it's a
> really big job and that he won't be able to properly replace the roof
> quickly. Scrambling, he then asks a few of the building tenants to come up
> with a plan for an interim roof, because whoa, an open roof leaves you
> susceptible to rain and birds and other problematic elements. And this is
> a large and expensive building that lots of people rely on, so an interim
> roof is definitely needed pretty soon.
>
> Sure, we can commend the landlord for recognizing that the old roof needed
> to be replaced. And we can commend him for realizing that he alone can't
> speedily fix the roof himself; he needs additional help to finish this big
> job. But that doesn't absolve the landlord of negligence. Removing a roof
> has very predictable consequences that any landlord should be able to
> foresee and account for. Removing a roof without also having a plan for an
> interim roof is a really amateur mistake. Perhaps landlords of smaller
> buildings could get away with this kind of mistake, but it's unacceptable
> for a landlord of a large building to be turning to the tenants to ask
> them to fix the problem. Yes, the tenants were the ones complaining for a
> new roof, but it's the landlord's responsibility to have the roof replaced
> in a professional and orderly way.
>
> MZMcBride

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian