On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 1:21 AM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If the research results about qualities of effective managers have been
> generally consistent for 30 years, then I wonder why so many managers in so
> many organizations today have mediocre skills in those areas.

‚ÄčI'd hazard a guess that it's because there are more management positions -
many, many more - out there in the world then there are stellar managers.

> I also wonder, in WMF's case, what can be done to ensure that the next ED
> is robustly skilled in those areas.

‚ÄčThis is a good question, hopefully this will be documented during the
search.

--
~Keegan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan

This is my personal email address. Everything sent from this email address
is in a personal capacity.