Hoi,
It is a travesty when it is up to an employer to recognise a trade union.
The question is very much what is implied by such a recognition. It may be
cultural but I would consider the WMF seriously flawed when it is not
willing to recognise the right of employees to be organised.

A trade union often provides legal aid when necessary and no way in hell
should a company be allowed to interfere in this.
Thanks,
      GerardN