Thank you, Katherine.

That's a good question, Oliver. I think that a lot will depend on whether
WMF can fill the other C-level vacancies, particularly the CTO vacancy,
with people who are mission-aligned and can are SMEs in areas where
Katherine isn't. Also, a lot will depend on whether Katherine wants to stay
in the job. Being the WMF ED is a very different beast from being the
leader of a department; it remains to be seen if Katherine will like it and
how other people are feeling as the ED search moves forward.

Regarding these goals from Meta "Avoid lengthy process for identifying a
new ED" and "Minimize uncertainty", I would encourage WMF not to rush the
selection of a new ED; I believe that Katherine will do well in the
interim, and this choice buys WMF some time to do a good job with the ED
search. Regarding uncertainty, that's one of the few certain things around
here, but of course steps can be taken to make people feel comfortable with
the uncertainty.

Good luck, Katherine. Many of us are relying on you and have faith in you.

Pine