As a community member I found Katherine to be open, approachable and that
she saw me, a volunteer, as an equal partner in the movement.

As a staff member she has shown an exemplary level of professionalism, to
have a real passion for Wikimedia, and solid understanding of the
importance of trust, honesty and transparency in our movement.

I have a lot of faith in Katherine to be able to lead the Foundation
through the rough seas. And not by attempting to do so single-handedly, but
by mobalising the team of brilliant people that are behind her.

You have my full support.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 3:28 AM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's a possibility that's worth considering seriously. (: We'll see
> how things go.
>
> Pine
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 7:26 PM, Oliver Keyes <ironho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 10:17 PM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Thank you, Katherine.
> > >
> > > That's a good question, Oliver. I think that a lot will depend on
> whether
> > > WMF can fill the other C-level vacancies, particularly the CTO vacancy,
> > > with people who are mission-aligned and can are SMEs in areas where
> > > Katherine isn't. Also, a lot will depend on whether Katherine wants to
> > stay
> > > in the job. Being the WMF ED is a very different beast from being the
> > > leader of a department; it remains to be seen if Katherine will like it
> > and
> > > how other people are feeling as the ED search moves forward.
> > >
> > > Regarding these goals from Meta "Avoid lengthy process for identifying
> > > new ED" and "Minimize uncertainty", I would encourage WMF not to rush
> the
> > > selection of a new ED; I believe that Katherine will do well in the
> > > interim, and this choice buys WMF some time to do a good job with the
> ED
> > > search. Regarding uncertainty, that's one of the few certain things
> > around
> > > here, but of course steps can be taken to make people feel comfortable
> > with
> > > the uncertainty.
> > >

> > Pine,
> >
> > It was a joke.
> >
> > > Good luck, Katherine. Many of us are relying on you and have faith in
> > you.
> > >
> > > Pine

> and

> pharosofalexand...@gmail.com

> difficult

> team
> our
> > Officer
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Katherine_(WMF)

> > improving
> > and
> organization
> will
> organizational
> about
> > >> >> >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Board_noticeboard/March_2016_-_Leadership_Team_transition_planning

> > Officer
> > versatile
> > movement,
> She
> strategy

> advocate
> > for
> > led
> > Now,
> > and
> governments
> at
> > the
> > Affairs,
> major
> [...]

Seddon

*Advancement Associate (Community Engagement)*
*Wikimedia Foundation*