It would be interesting to see how affiliates do make decision in this
process as we have only 6 weeks(4 after the endorsements are finalised)
from close of nominations to final voting

Wikimedia Australia has invited it members to consider the list of
nominations and whether the community will endorse any candidates, once the
nominations are finalised with a list of endorsed candidates members will
again be asked to express an opinion on who to vote for, with the committee
voting according to consensus.

On 11 March 2016 at 20:07, John Mark Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Cristian Consonni
> <kikkocrist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Il 11/Mar/2016 11:50, "Gordon Joly" <gordon.j...@pobox.com> ha scritto:
> >> Do Chapters have to ask their membership, or are they empowered to vote
> >> without going back to the members?
> >
> > Practices vary widely. Some chapters discuss how to vote in their
> (annual)
> > general assemblies and they finally vote on who to vote. In other
> chapters
> > it's the board that decides. In these cases usually there is a formal
> > deliberation by the board and those are usually ratified by the members
> in
> > the next general assembly.
>
> Can we document this on meta?  i.e. a table of which affiliates do what?
>
> --
> John Vandenberg

GN.
President Wikimedia Australia