That would be a useful feature in the long term
Cheers,
 Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Anthony Cole
Sent: Saturday, 12 March 2016 8:42 PM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Profile of Magnus Manske

Regarding "Unless I missed it, there is no good way to automatically discern
what a <ref> refers to - a word, a sentence, a paragraph." Check out the first
paragraph and its references here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_and_Albert_Museum_Spiral.

Hovering your mouse over each footnote marker (or, depending on your MediaWiki
preferences, the dotted line under it) will tell you what each reference is
supporting. The ideal solution would be highlighting the supported text on the
page, rather than having it appear in a tool tip.

I wish the WMF would organise that - and organise it in a way that screen
readers can read it.

Anthony Cole