Wow, this looks amazing! I'm looking forward to use it other Wikis,
especially Wikipedia and Meta.

Thank you for your great work!

On 15 March 2016 at 12:27, Magnus Manske <magnusman...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Great work!
>
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 12:13 AM Yuri Astrakhan <yastrak...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
> > The quest to bring maps to Wikipedia continues:
> > * Kartographer has launched for WikiVoyage
> > * Julien Girault will help maps with his UI expertise
> > * Talk to us at the FreeNode IRC channel #wikipedia-interactive
> >
> > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Kartographer
> >
> > Last week we enabled Kartographer extension for Wikivoyage sites,
> allowing
> > users to add maps to wiki pages without any additional wmflabs and
> > JavaScript tricks.  Now you can simply add a <mapframe> or <maplink> to a
> > wiki page, or even use the Visual Editor to insert a map. Additionally,
> you
> > can:
> >
> > * add markers and polygons visually
> > * edit geojson and see how it changes the map on each keystroke
> > * add auto-numbered markers (either numbers or letters), and have
> multiple
> > counters
> > * have multiple "groups" of markers/polygons and showing them on the same
> > map or on separate maps (e.g. all food and all drink maps and one
> combined
> > map)
> > * markers can be of any color, 3 sizes, and contain many different icons
> > * markers and polygons can be clicked and will show popups with wiki text
> > and images
> > * very fast full screen popup map
> >
> > Feedback: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Maps
> > Bugs & TODOs: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/kartographer/
> > All maps-related tasks: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/maps/
> >
> > == What's next? ==
> > There will be plenty of cleanup and polishing work to make Kartographer
> > work seamlessly. We will need to address the missing functionality
> reported
> > to us by the community, and help migrate existing wmflabs-based maps to
> the
> > new platform. Lastly, VE editing will need some more work to become
> > indispensable.
> >
> > Yet, our site is still set on the bigger target - maps for all of
> > Wikipedia. For that we are waiting for more hardware, plus we will need
> > improve our static maps service to be able to handle wiki-load.
> >
> > Hardware task: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T125126
> >

> > Thank you Max Semenik, Ed Sanders, Alex Kosiaris, Brandon Black, Chris
> > Koerner, Chris Steipp, Tomasz Finc, and Wes Moran for making this
> possible.

Cornelius Kibelka
Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC)
for the Wikimedia Conference

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207