But...but...Moushira just acknowledged the point. Gracefully, I think.
Can't we simply trust her to incorporate the feedback into future
announcements?

For anybody who had trouble discerning what the consultation is about, its
first question makes it clear:

"How can we make Wikipedia more interactive for Readers?"

Great question.
-Pete