This is not he only case where I lately have observed a tendency to use words which is more or less unintelligent for non-English speaking people.

The phrase "Inspire Campaign on content curation & review" includes a number of complicated words. I commented upon this [1] to Jethro who only stated these were correct words, seemingly uninterested the effect on reders of using those type of words. And now this message has started to occurs in a banner, where a Swede has made an extremely bad translation making it even more unintelligent. Our village pump is full of people very upset of this, also as we usually do not translate banner messages. In our discussion it has been put forward these messages has done more harm to the brand then any of the problems lately around WMF and BoT (these entities are rather vaguely known her)

And I expect most do as I, just refuse to take in any message from WMF, not seeing they are interested to communicate with us (or get input from us), only enwp

Anders

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:I_JethroBT_%28WMF%29&diff=prev&oldid=15393279