Hi fellow Wikimedians,

We held our chapter's public meeting and open vote on March 16, and we
found all the ten people running qualified to participate as candidates in
the current WMF election.

This is part of our chapter's policy to encourage a more diverse and more
transparent process for the WMF board elections, and particularly to
encourage non-traditional candidates whose inclusion we would find to
benefit the overall elections process.

We were glad to see three or four candidates join the process who would not
have otherwise applied, and are also happy to see that several of the newer
candidates have received endorsements from other chapters as well (even
before our public vote).

Thanks,
Pharos
Wikimedia NYC