I had a conversation with Vitor Mazuco about this email and agreed with his
point of view.

Analyzing the list of users from Brazil that received schollarships from WMF
during the last years, I noted that WMF/Scholarship Committees are always
supporting the same group of people not generating opportunities for new
people(and very important contributors) to join and enjoy Wikimania.

Including, some of the users that received support to go to Wikimania never
provided any feedback to our community regarding Wikimania experience,
learnings, knowledge acquired or any kind of reports.

I think the scholarship committee should take in consideration those who have
been to the event several times, so that we can also include more people,
increasing the Wikimania's diversity in all possible ways, avoid so many
repetitions engaging more people into this international movement.

I'm not saying that the users that received support in recent years do not
deserve this support, my point is that we have more people who also deserve to
go to Wikimania and never get this opportunity, sometimes it disengage our
volunteers.

Rodrigo Padula
Coordenador de Projetos
Grupo Wikimedia Brasileiro de Educação e Pesquisa
http://www.wikimedia.org.br
21 99326-0558

--- Em Qui, 17 Mar 2016 20:32:36 -0300 Ellie Young <eyo...@wikimedia.org>
escreveu ----
Vitor,

I have asked the Scholarship Committee for Wikimania '16 to reply to your
email.
wikimania-scholarsh...@wikimedia.org

Ellie Young
WMF Events Manager