> On Mar 19, 2016, at 8:23 PM, Gnangarra <gnanga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> in breaking up (spinning parts off) the WMF we run the risk of creating
> silos of information, knowledge and disconnecting one speciality from
> another preventing cross pollination of ideas and innovation. It also
> breaks the collaborative core of the projects which has created what we
> enjoy and at the heart of our volunteer driven successes.

I am not uncritically for an organizational breakup.  Nor am I against one.

Part of the argument above seems self-contradictory, though - we have already
demonstrated that diverse groups across the Foundation, chapters, volunteer
groups, etc etc come together effectively.  The Movement is characterized in
part by that.  That would seem to indicate that a reorganization that split
part of it up would still be able to work and team up effectively.

Regardless of whether a split is a good idea or happens, grabbing the info on
who does what for whom, and why, will help us make it better.

George William Herbert
Sent from my iPhone