Hoi,
There are two parts to it as far as I am concerned. More collaboration, I
am all for it.

The other part is a power grab because it means that things must meet
"established" requirements, that is imho a bad idea. It establishes power
struggles whereby established "truths" trump common sense without a
reasonable argument. The argument given is that it must comply with (insert
your alphabet soup here) and that does not convince me at all. I have my
recipe for soup and the only thing done is impose a recipe.

Wikipedia is not Nupedia and the difference is exactly a board that for all
the "right" reasons failed to get cooperation. It is why your proposal
fails what Wikipedia is about.
Thanks,
      GerardM