On 29 March 2016 at 13:36, Dan Garry <dga...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Yes, if users are interested. This is an incredibly early idea that is not
> fully fleshed out; we don't know how we would achieve something like this
> right now. A naïve example of how we could do something like this is by
> boosting the score of certain search results based on the presence of
> templates on the page. The reality would likely be something significantly
> more complex than this.

A detail I forgot to mention here is that this example is not hypothetical.
I was referring to boost-templates
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:CirrusSearch#boost-templates:>, which
one can already use in CirrusSearch. This work predates the Discovery
Department. So, in that sense, public curation of relevance already exists
in some sense. My point was that building on this is not something we're
working on right now.

Dan

--
Dan Garry