I am fine with Wikiwand especially with their recent improvements. It is
basically a different skin for our content. Not everyone needs to like the
same style.

The gear at the top gives a bunch of ways you can customize the styling as
well. And it does link to use if people want to edit. As an editor I prefer
our greater prominence of the edit, history, and talk page buttons. They
are customized for reading. We being a working platform need to balance
reading and editing.

There output of our mainpage however is horrible
http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Main_Page

James

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 2:26 AM, Magnus Manske <magnusman...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> While this is true, there has been some improvement on Wikipedia. Desktop
> browsers now have the Wikiwand "media gallery" as the Media Viewer, and
> Wikivoyage (as a test platform) has the interactive maps.
>
> On mobile, things are even better; most of the Wikiwand mobile features are
> also in the official Wikipedia app, and then some.
>
> That multilingual search, though...
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 8:33 AM Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hoi,
> > If anything they provide us a service. Anything they can do, we can do
> > integrated.  Anything they can do, we can learn from. Anything they prove
> > works better is often a discussion the others have lost their firm
> footing.
> >
> > We are very much stuck in fixed thinking modes. It is why Wikisource is
> > only about its editors and not about its readers. For one Wikisource
> there
> > has been something like Wikiwand and nobody cared. We know we can improve
> > the quality of Wikipedia's links and redlinks in the same way we improved
> > interwiki links, the improvement will be measurable and quick and it is
> not
> > even considered. There is enough we can do better, it is known by many,
> > particularly by the developers and UI people.
> >
> > We deserve Wikiwand because we could have done better. By making it a
> > company, the people behind Wikiwand put their money where there mouth is.
> > As an argument it is a strong one.
> >
> > NB we are doing better in places. When you have followed the road towards
> > mobile integration you will agree. However, there is still so much that
> can
> > be done. It starts with reflection of many of our hobby horses and
> > ingrained positions.
> > Thanks,
> >        GerardM
> >
> > On 31 March 2016 at 08:39, Anders Wennersten <m...@anderswennersten.se>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > What is WMFs position on Wikiwand [1]?
> > >
> > > is it a complement or a commercial run interface that is  better that
> we
> > > can offer?
> > >
> > > Anders
> > >
> > > [1] http://www.wikiwand.com/about