On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Adam Wight <awi...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> To second what others have said, I personally love the idea that a reading
> interface should include less editor clutter, until it is requested.
> There's a task for this, if anyone would like to help push that
> investigation forward:
>     https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T106439

​Perhaps that would be better flipped: if you want a cleaner interface, one
is available, but we intentionally want/need/must keep "editor clutter" out
front. Communities are quite proud of that so-called clutter and actively
want to put it in front of people. The clutter got people in and built our
projects, removing it undoubtedly means less editors. Generally speaking,
everyone is a reader and an editor is a reader that clicks edit. They're
not, and should not be, distinct classes of users.

The fact of the matter is that people just want the content, no matter how
great or awful the skin is, and they will go where ever makes it easiest to
get it. This doesn't mean that we have to be the destination to read the
content, that's not in our mission statement. We're to disseminate it.

--
~Keegan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan

This is my personal email address. Everything sent from this email address
is in a personal capacity.