Hmm. Ironically, it is standard for even non-member charities and
non-profits in much of the world to have fully-voting members of the Audit
Committee who are not members of the Board of Trustees/Directors.  It is
unfortunate that the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees has not yet
come around to this idea.  The Audit Committee would be the ideal place to
start, as there are never that many Trustees who are fully conversant with
the responsibilities of auditing.  It is an opportunity lost.

Nonetheless, I hope that well-qualified individuals will agree to put
themselves forward for this oversight role.

Risker/Anne