Lisa,

Good to hear. Thanks.

I'm aware that my first question might feel like it's a lot for the Board
to digest while it's got so many other urgent issues. However, it seems to
me that any ED candidate would want to know if spinoffs or a breakup are
under consideration, and that if these are likely or planned then the
selection process will need to take theses issues into account when trying
to find a candidate with optimal fit. Also impacting the search process is
that it might be  easier to find two or three EDs for two or three
separate, smaller, and more focused orgs than to try to find a single ED
who can handle the wide and deep complexity of WMF in its current form. I
have faith in Katherine as an interim ED and perhaps even as the ultimate
selection, and I think that Katherine's abilities will provide us all some
time and breathing room to think through questions about possible spinoffs
and/or breakup. So, we can take some time to think carefully about the
spinoff/breakup issue before proceeding further with selecting an ED for an
organization that is currently very complex and is a significant systemic
risk in the Wikimedia ecosystem.

Pine