Yes, for clarity, this is what I meant - a public list of who has
voted so far (or who hasn't - it's much the same thing, as the overall
electorate is known), but not a list of the votes.

I'm quite happy with confidential voting - either fully secret or, as
Itzik says, just confidential until the end of the vote.

But knowing *who* has voted would be quite useful. Ultimately, the
chapters represent large chunks of the community, and if the chapter
isn't doing its job then it's good their members know about it in
order to chase them. Discovering afterwards that your chapter hasn't
voted is interesting, but not very useful at making sure votes get
cast while there's still time - and ultimately, I think that last part
is what we all want to achieve :-)

A.

On 3 May 2016 at 16:21, Liam Wyatt <liamwy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like people are talking about two separate things at the same time:
>
> - Some people are taking about publishing *the votes* (either before, or
> after the election has finished)
>
> - Some people are talking about publishing *the list of who has voted*
> right now.
>
> It is this second thing that I understood to be the request being made, and
> it is also completely consistent with the way the community-election works
> (where the voter, but not their vote, is published immediately). I also
> wouldn't think that publishing the names of the Chapters that have voted
> (and therefore identifying which ones have not yet) is still consistent
> with the preference that the *vote itself* remain private.
>
> So, in order for the community (and those of us who are members of Chapters
> in particular) to encourage the chapters have not yet voted to do so, would
> it be possible to please publish a table on Meta of the list of
> voting-eligible organisations, and a "tick" next to their name if they have
> indeed already submitted their vote. [NOT who they voted for]
>
> Thanks,
> -Liam
>

> --
> wittylama.com