Denny I never stated that I "was informed at a later point that [my] duty
as a trustee is towards the WMF". I have at all times understood that I
have a duty to the WMF and believe I have at all times fulfilled this duty.
A duty to the foundation; however, does not permit me to act unethically
and one is still required to use their own judgement.

What I did state was "Note that in later conversations I was informed that
it may not be legal for board members to promise confidentiality to
individual staff, as our ultimate duty is to the WMF as a whole".

James

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine