> Nevertheless, I still believe that any functioning body as our Board has to
> have the right to expel a person, whom they feel like not being able to
> work with.
>
> If a majority of my fellow Board members cannot stand me for whatever
> reason (including the ones I'd find absurd), that's pretty much it. The
> Board has to be able to function with trust, delegation, and a certain
> rapport.
>
> ...Also, I think it would be fair to always give written reasons to
> removed members (also to discipline the reasoning of the Board that makes
> such a drastic decision).

I think it would be helpful if expectations of Board members and processes
to follow if they aren't being met were laid out more clearly.

The WMF doesn't seem to document this much. Compare for instance Wikimedia
UK's Trustee Code of Conduct:
https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Trustee_Code_of_Conduct

Something like that would be a useful structure on which to base future
conversations and decisions of that nature.

I agree with Dariusz that James's suggestion of formally engaging the
community in making these decisions probably wont' work. In my experience
the community is very aware of some issues and completely unaware of some
others. If it is the latter then it's very difficult to have a meaningful
conversation - particularly as some of the issues (e.g. staff matters) may
be confidential....

Chris