On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Gergő Tisza <gti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Fae,
>
> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Fæ <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not tricky at all. There are *plenty* of other similar organizations
>> that have elections for their trustees to their boards, including
>> several Wikimedia chapters/affiliates where their boards have oversite
>> of many employees and significant sums of money.
>

> can you share a few examples of organizations where board members are
> appointed in a binding election and members of the electorate do not have
> to identify themselves to the organization?
>
> Or are you suggesting that the WMF should turn into a membership
> organization and Wikimedians who are unwilling to share personally
> identifying information with the WMF should not be allowed to vote?

I dont see how the voting method is particularly relevant to this thread..?
It seems this thread is more about governance by post-appointment
trustees, who have been properly vetted before being appointed.

I dont recall that we've had any serious incidents of the board
election outcome being disrupted because we use a voting process that
includes non-identified people.

--
John Vandenberg