talk-page stalker is not necessarily an unfriendly term. It's meant as an
explanation for why the person saw the question, and posted there. But
perhaps we could find a better term for this, as stalker does have
unfortunate connotations.

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 2:40 PM, Trillium Corsage <trillium2...@yandex.com>
wrote:

> My English Wikipedia talkpage is watchlisted by a surprising number of
> users that I have no cooperative or friendly editing relationship with.
> Some of them refer to themselves as "talkpage stalkers." Might it be
> possible for a user to prohibit such persons from watchlisting him or her?
> If it's not possible to selectively prohibit, how about an on/off switch,
> i.e. *no-one* may watchlist an editor's individual talkpage.
>
> Trillium Corsage
>
> 21.05.2016, 02:20, "Johan Jönsson" <email clipped>:
> > On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 1:06 AM, Danny Horn <dh...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> >>  Hi everyone,
> >>
> >>  WMF's Community Tech team is starting to work on a Cross-wiki
> watchlist,
> >>  one of the top 10 wishes in the Community Wishlist Survey that we
> conducted
> >>  at the end of last year. [1]
> >>
> >>  We're running a survey on how people use their watchlists, to help
> inform
> >>  our work.
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > A couple of months ago, the Community Tech team ran a survey to gather
> > information on how Wikimedians use their watchlists. You can see the
> > results here:
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Tech/Cross-wiki_watchlist#Survey_results
> >
> > If you're interested, there are also some very early and rough
> > wireframes available on the project page:
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Tech/Cross-wiki_watchlist#Current_work.2C_for_discussion
> >
> > //Johan Jönsson
> > --

David Goodman