Thanks Alice

IMO we need someone who understands our movements values, that understands
that we are a movement, and sees themselves not as a decider and visionary
but as a facilitator. Our movement has no lack of excellent ideas but does
not always communicate effectively within itself.

As such we need someone who has excellent communication and people skills.
Technical skills can be hired for at other levels of the organization while
people skill cannot typically be taught.

Katherine, our current interim ED, appears to have these qualities. If she
is interesting in taking on the position long term I would hope her
candidacy is given serious consideration by the board.

James

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 12:29 AM, Alice Wiegand <awieg...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The ED search steering group has been soliciting input for a few weeks, and
> while a few people were fairly vocal about what they were looking for in a
> new ED, we decided that we needed more input from a broader range of people
> and we want to hear more from our emerging communities. To that end, we
> have written and published a survey [1] intended to help us both validate
> and prioritize the good feedback we have already received.
>
> Our survey is currently open in the top 10 wiki languages. A sample of
> editors from various languages have been invited to participate and we are
> also sending an invitations to anyone here and through our networks. Please
> participate in the survey and help us to shape the new ED’s profile.
>
> On behalf of the ED search steering group
>
> Alice.
>

> [1] - ED Search Survey:
> https://wikimedia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5hVS2mJTcJNCxBX
>

> --