Thanks Johan for the update. The teams are working on a lot of important
projects and have a mountain of requests ahead of them. Hopefully we will
see the Community Tech team grow in size this coming year :-)

James

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Johan Jönsson <jjons...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> The important part of this email is this link:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Status_report_2
>
> This is the second Community Wishlist Survey status report. In November and
> December, active contributors to Wikimedia projects proposed, discussed and
> voted on the features and fixes that they most want to see. The Wikimedia
> Foundation Community Tech team has been tasked with working on
> these. Additionally, Wikimedia Deutschland's Technical Wishes team has been
> working on wishes from the German-speaking community. There's overlap
> between the two wishlists, and the teams are collaborating on various
> wishes, so this report includes progress made by both teams as well as
> great work being done by volunteer developers and other WMF staff.
>
> So far, we (in the broad sense) have added support for:
>
> *) Migrating dead external links to archives (but there's more work to be
> done!)
> *) Pageview stats
> *) Global notifications
> *) A category watchlist
>
> We're currently working on:
>
> *) Improving the plagiarism detection bot
> *) Improving the diff compare screen
> *) Numerical sorting in categories
> *) The possibility to add an expiry date to watchlist items
> *) A revision slider to help editors navigate through diff pages
>
> For more information on these projects as well as upcoming tasks, see the
> full status report on Meta:
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Status_report_2
>
> We're looking forward to talking and working with you as we go along.
>
> Thanks,
>
> //Johan Jönsson
> User:Johan (WMF)

James Heilman