Hi Sydney,

I think that if individual communities create a consensus to mandate
training, or if arbitration committees issue that mandate on particular
wikis, that's completely fine and good. I'm hesitant to say that WMF should
wield a stick to mandate this kind of training for administrators on all
wikis until we know that the training is successful; otherwise WMF might
push out a set of training with high cost and low effectiveness that would
quickly be resented by the community and make any further development in
this area nearly impossible.

I could see mandatory training happening further down the road, and it
might be a very good thing, but there are important steps before we make
that decision.

Pine