The Kearney report rings true for me.
Cheers,
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
rupert THURNER
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2016 11:47 PM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Community survey to support the WMF ED search starts
right now

hi,

2011 A T Kearney published a study saying that hiring a homegrown CEO let a
company outperform other companies. also price waterhouse coopers Strategy& and
RHR international come to similar conclusions:
*
https://www.atkearney.com/documents/10192/529727/Home-Grown_CEO.pdf/bbba713e-1a54-421f-81f9-4299faad42aa
* http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news-archive/17975.html
*
http://www.rhrinternational.com/sites/default/files/V25N1-CEO-Succession-Makin_1.pdf
* (de)
http://www.finews.ch/themen/karriere/23186-korn-ferry-stefan-steger-ceo-nachfolge-wechsel-pwc-strategy?xing_share=news
hiring an outsider CEO has the following effects:
* higher compensation
* greater risk profile
* wrong expectations about business area and its specifics

best
rupert