Hello everyone!

The Wikimedia Brazilian Group of Education and Research[1] will host on October
13th and 14th in Rio de Janeiro the "1st Brazilian Wikipedia Science Conference"

This event aims to bring together students, teachers and researchers with
projects and publications about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects and their
dynamics.

We are almost done and soon we will announce our official website and call for
papers. Articles and poster will be accepted.

The Wikimedia Foundation has validated our logo [2] and the use of the
Wikipedia brand in the event name.

We are using as inspiration the events organized by Wikimedia UK[3] and
OpenSym[4].

We are trying to bring to Brazil some important keynotes from our movement. If
someone from this list is interested in coming to visit us, let's keep in touch!

That event is under organization in a very organic and experimental way, with
no funding from WMF to see the impact and interest from the local academic
community. Based on the results and impacts we will try to do something bigger
in 2017.

All the content produced during the event will be published in CC licenses
(photos, videos, interviews, publications).

Soon we will have more news! You can check our planning page here[5]

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/BR-ER
[2] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_Science_Conference
[3] https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Wikipedia_Science_Conference
[4] http://www.opensym.org/os2016/
[5]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/BR-ER/Events/Congresso_Científico_Brasileiro_da_Wikipédia

Best regards

Rodrigo Padula
Coordenador de Projetos
Grupo Wikimedia Brasileiro de Educação e Pesquisa
http://www.wikimedia.org.br
21 99326-0558